Tris Buffer (Tris-HCl) pH 7.4, pH 8.0 and pH 8.3
- Formulated from analytical grade reagents
- Choice of three different pre-set pH
- Wide buffering capacity range: pH 7.0 to 9.2
- Dissolve and go for greater convenience consistency from lot to lot
Tris buffer is used in many applications within biochemistry and molecular biology laboratories and is a component in TAE and TBE (electrophoresis running buffer). Tris has a slightly alkaline buffering capacity between pH 7.0 and 9.2, which coincides with the typical physiological pH of most living organisms. Tris buffer is a good option for washing procedures in cell cultures (1) and is suitable as suspension buffer for biological samples.
Medicago’s Tris buffer is supplied as exactly pre-weighed powder in pouches at three different pH, 7.4, 8.0, and 8.3, one pouch giving 1000 ml of 1 M Tris-HCl buffer at 25°C.
- Component in TAE and TBE buffers
- Cell and tissue culture procedures
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
Directions for use
Empty one pouch of the Tris buffer in a laboratory flask or beaker placed on a magnetic stirrer. Add 300 ml of deionized water and stir the solution for a few minutes. Adjust the volume up to 1000 ml, stir until full dissolution and the buffer is ready to use.
Shipping and storage
Tris buffer is shipped at room temperature. Store the pouches in a dry place at room temperature. Shelf life is three years after production date. Tris buffer solutions can be stored at room temperature or at +4°C for two weeks.
Chemicals: Analytical grade
Format: Exactly pre-weighed powder mix
Concentration: 1 M Tris-HCl
Volume: 1000 ml
pH: 7.4, 8.0, and 8.3 ± 0.05 at 25°C
1. Separation of three microbial amino acid polymerization factors (1996). J Lucas-Lenard, F Lipmann - National Academy os Sciences