Sodium Chloride Reagent (NaCl)
- Prepared from pharmaceutical grade reagents
- Choice of tablets or powder mix in pouches
- Choice of three concentrations
- Eliminates variables in laboratory work flow
Sodium chloride is widely used in many laboratory routines. Medicago’s Sodium Chloride reagent is exactly pre-weighed as tablets or as a powder. For greater convenience a blister pack with 10 tablets is also avaliable. The reagent is 99.99% pure and is supplied in three concentrations. Dissolving one tablet or the contents of one pouch yields a solution containing:
1. 0.9 % sodium chloride (isotonic)
2. 3 M sodium chloride (hypertonic)
3. 5 M sodium chloride (hypertonic)
Directions for use
Empty one pouch or deposit one tablet of the NaCl reagent in a laboratory flask or beaker placed on a magnetic stirrer. Add deionized water and stir the solution for a few minutes. Adjust the volume up to 100 ml or 1000 ml respectively , stir until full dissolution and the solution is ready to use.
- General laboratory solution.
- Physiological saline (0.9%) solution routinely used in laboratories when an isotonic solution is needed.
Shipping and storage
NaCl reagent is shipped at room temperature. Store the tablets and pouches in a dry place at room temperature. Shelf life is three years after production date.
Chemicals: Pharmaceutical grade
Format: Exactly pre-weighed tablets and powder
Concentration: 1. 0.9% NaCl
2. 3 M NaCl
3. 5 M NaCl
Volume: 100 ml and 1000 ml
For details on 0.1 mol NaCl tablets, please look here.