Digital dermatitis ELISA kit A
*** Ristricted availability. Please contact us if you are interested in the product ***
- Complete ready to use kit.
- For research use only
- Detection of antibodies against an antigen, PrrA, isolated from Treponema sp which correlates with the occurrence of digital dermatitis in cattle.
- Includes 12 strips (96 wells), sufficient for up to 44 test in duplicate/88 test using single wells.
- Serum and milk samples can be used
Vicia Animal Health Science AB is releasing its first product, Digital dermatitis ELISA kit A, for detection of digital dermatitis in cattle, which is a growing global problem. The Digital dermatitis ELISA kit A is sold and distributed by Medicago AB.
Digital dermatitis is a contagious claw disease causing lameness in dairy cattle. Apart from being a major animal welfare problem, it causes substantial economic losses due to decreases in milk production. Diagnosis of digital dermatitis currently relies upon clinical inspection of individual cattle, which is labor intensive and requires experienced personnel.
By use of the new research product, Digital dermatitis ELISA kit A, it will be possible to study the disease and evaluate samples from cattle on a larger scale in a much more effective way. Both serum samples and milk samples can be used. Milk tank samples can also be used, for population based studies.
The Digital dermatitis ELISA kit A is a sandwich ELISA, detecting antibodies against an antigen, PrrA, isolated from Treponema sp. Treponema is closely correlated to the pathogenesis of digital dermatitis. The etiology of digital dermatitis is not fully established, but various phylotypes of Treponema species are always present in the lesions.
The kit is designed to be a tool for research of digital dermatitis in cattle. It can be used on individual-based studies using serum or milk samples as well as in population level studies there tank milk samples can be used.
Directions for use
The product is a ready to use kit, instructions for use is provided. Safety precautions like lab coat, gloves and goggles should be used.
Shipping and storage
The product is shipped with cooling pack.
On arrival store components cooled (+2 ºC -+8ºC).
- Coated plate, store unused plate in sealed bag at +4ºC.
- HRP-conjugate 100X and EC-Blue Enhanced TMB-substrate,
store protected from light.
- Coated plate (12 x 8 well strips totally 96 wells) coated with antigen, PrrA, isolated from Treponema sp
- 100x solution HRP-conjugated anti bovine pAb
- Controls include strong positive, weak positive and negative sera for antigen, PrrA
- EC-Blue Enhanced TMB-substrate
- Stop Solution
- PBS-Tween tablets
- Sample dilution plate
- Plate sealing tape